Tuesday, June 14, 2005

wanko no lube sheep desu

this will be the last crazy "engrish" post, i promise. at least until my next trip to ichiban kan, the 100 yen shop in japantown. it's next to the bank in the eastern wing of the kintestsu mall, if you're wondering.

my cupboards are filled with many cute yet disturbing little cups, saucers, plates and notebooks. just like this one:



this poor fellow has been named "wanko". hmmmm, i wonder just how he got that black eye? he brings me much joy. but not as much joy as this latest acquisition.



please to meet bobbin of the clickety click club. this beauty is a double decker plastic food storage container. yummy. you might note that this is a "lube sheep" item. i'm sure they have a diverse and interesting product line.

all of this has really gotten me into the mood to cook up a mess of japanese food. if you'd like to see more "engrish" (thanks for the link keiko) go here. for little strange news morsels from the mother country (or rather mother's country, as in my poor old moms who i mercilessly tease) go here. check back in a few days for the first post of my series on japanese cooking.

6 Comments:

Blogger obachan said...

Hi
Well, I guess my foodblog full of stupid English mistakes can make decent contributions to Engrish.com, too. LOL :D
BTW, I tried to show you how I did the categories section of my blog, but it didn't work in the comment because some tags were not acceptable there and it kept giving me errors. Can you email me, please?

8:44 PM  
Blogger rae said...

hi obachan,
i'm just learning japanese and know i sound like a stammering retarded child so it works both ways. and i know for a fact that in spanish i've said some terribly vulgar things whilst thinking i was just asking for the silverware....

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I don't know you but I just went to Ichiban Kan for the first time ever yesterday, and I saw the nifty "Lube Sheep" products and thus googled it, and you popped up.

Just felt like sayin' hi....

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how and where can I get the lube sheep bento box????

rocketgofaster@gmail.com

4:30 AM  
Blogger Peter Bryenton said...

These would make great gifts for some senior management teams I have known.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can get some of these products at Mars New York
littlejapanusa.com

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter

«#Veggie Blogs?»